Out for another ride this weekend. This is a shorter variation of the Namhan-Yangpyeong Big Loop (100km). Good if you want a decent hill workout.
Route map and gpx file is available at the bottom of the post.
Basic Route Info
Start/End Point: Namhansanseong (남한산성) West Entrance
Distance: 100km from the entrance road (308).
Elevation Gain: 1230 meters
Highest Point: Namhansanseong (남한산성 363m)
(road numbers have been color coded according to Korea’s road sign colors)
- Follow road #308 up Namhansanseong (남한산성) and down the other side.
- Turn right onto #43 and follow it for about 3km.
- Take a left onto the #45 toward Paldang/Toechon (팔당/퇴촌) for 2.5km over a small hill and down the other side.
- At the bottom of the hill turn right on the #88.Sign reads Yangpyeong/Toechon (양평/퇴촌)
- Follow the #88 for 3km into the the town of Gwangdong-ri (광동리). The road will split in two just before the town. Stay right to enter the town.
- At the roundabout/rotary go left on the #342 towards Nomjong (넘종).
- Follow the #342 for about 20km. This road goes around the edge of the Paldang Lake and will be rolling hills.
- The #342 will come to an end just after a small mart stop frequented by many cyclists on the weekends as a break point.
- At the end of the #342 go right back on to the #88. Sign will read Seongnam/Gwangju (성남/광주)
- Follow the #88 over a hill climb and down the other side to an intersection. Continue straight on the #342 towards Seongnam/Gwangju (성남/광주) over another hill climb.
- At the bottom of the hills take a very sharp right on the #325 toward Nomjong/Toechon (넘종/퇴촌). This road will take you back to the small town of Toechon (퇴촌) where you turned at the roundabout/rotary earlier in the ride.
- Take a left at the roundabout/rotary and head back toward the #45.
- Take a left onto the #45 over the hill and a right onto the #43.
- By now you will hopefully recognize where you cycled in the morning. About 3 km up the #43 is the left turn onto the #308 and go back over Namhansanseong.
Route Maps & GPS File:
Namhan-Yangpyeong Small Loop GPX File [urldisplaymode=nomap] – To download right-click and choose “Save Link As”
- Roads up to the Namhansanseong (남한산성) west entrance have heavy traffic, no matter what time of the day. Ride carefully.
- The west side of Namhansanseong (남한산성) is very steep with a lot of hairpin turns and heavy traffic during the weekends.